Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken

Here's another recipe that I got from allrecipes.com. I tried it on Friday and loved it. I actually loved it so much that I'm making it for dinner tonight again. I did cut my chicken into strips and it went over great with the kids and hubby.

Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken

2 tsps garlic powder, or to taste
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
1 cup oil for frying, or as needed.

In a shallow dish, mix together the seasonings, bread crumbs and flour. In a separate dish, whisk together the milk and egg.

Heat the oil to 350°F (175°C). Dip the chicken into the egg and milk mixture, then dredge into the dry ingredients until evenly coated.

Fry chicken in the hot oil for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.

This is really, really good! If you fry it right, its not greasy at all.

No comments: