Thursday, August 27, 2009

Frugal dinner tonight

Tonight's dinner is another frugal dinner that's in rotation a lot. Its baked beans with hot dogs tonight. Usually I use sausage, but don't have any right now.

2 cans pork and beans (15 oz) or 1 quart homecanned pork and beans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 tbspn ketchup
4 tbspn mustard
1 tbspn lemon juice
1 onion, diced
6 hot dogs sliced into "coins"

Mix all ingredients together and bake in oven at 375° for 1 hour. I'm going to try it in the crockpot today instead.

Tonight is parent teacher night at Angela's school, so I wanted something easy to clean up.

Does anyone have a favorite frugal meal?

1 comment:

Alea Milham said...

This is one of my favorites. I tend to make it for lunch.

I nominated you for the Humane Blog Award: http://premeditatedleftovers.blogspot.com/2009/08/humane-blog-award.html