Friday, March 16, 2012

Easy patty-melt type sandwich recipe

2 posts in one week????   Pinch me....  no, you don't really need to pinch me.

I did a twist on a recipe  ( http://blogchef.net/taco-grilled-cheese-recipe/ ) .  I didn't have leftover taco meat, but I did have a pound of ground beef that I needed to use (and the kids were on my last nerve), so instead of making baked ziti casserole like I wanted to make....I made a version of that recipe.

Instead of the taco meat, I seasoned my hamburger with granulated garlic and black pepper (a lot of both because I'm a garlic and pepper freak).  And, of course, crumbled the ground beef up.  4 out of 5 people ate every single bite.  That is saying a lot since our kids are 8, 6 and 3.  It does make a mess while you are assembling it, but oh does it taste good.  I'll be making it again, but I just might cheat and not crumble the meat up as much.  And, maybe I'll add in some onions to mine since I love onions, too.

There was something else that I was going to post about....but, my old age (41) must be kicking in now. 

No comments: