Monday, August 9, 2010

Mint tea and I'm back:D

So, I've been off the blogging thing for awhile. I now have a 16 month old who keeps me too busy. But, school will be starting soon for my 6 year old and my soon to be 5 year old, so I *should* have a bit more time.:D At least, I hope so. LOL

I have mint growing in my garden and didn't know what to do with it. So, I got on a trusty old search engine and looked up mint tea. I tried a batch or two and came up with my favorite recipe.

Mint Tea

5 sprigs mint (stems and all - cleaned very well)
1 cup water

Boil the above for 5 minutes or until the leaves start turning brown.

Strain into a pitcher and add 3/4 cup sugar (or to your taste). Stir to dissolve and add water to fill the pitcher.

I've noticed that since I've started drinking this, I have much more energy....and, I think I'm losing some weight too.

Anyone have any other uses for mint?

No comments: